Now that nearly every device is internet-connected, remote work is becoming more and more prominent and will likely be here to stay.
Here are some helpful tips to get you up and running with remote work:
- Test out the reliability of your wifi connection using the HubbleIQ wifi Spotcheck. Run the wifi spot check in a few places around your home, office, or other workspace and see which locations provide the most reliable connectivity.
- If you share a room with your router, consider plugging into it by using an ethernet cable for a more reliable internet connection. This will come in handy when it is time for video meetings.
- Be aware of your work location. The public wifi at a local coffee shop or shared workspace is not as secure as the wifi at your home. Consider getting a virtual private network (VPN) if you will be frequently accessing the internet from unknown wifi networks.
- Make sure that the computer you will be using for work is up to the tasks you need to accomplish. For many jobs, a Chromebook or iPad will get the job done but those devices aren’t able to do everything. Sometimes, a full-featured laptop or desktop computer is the best bet. Be sure that your device meets your needs.
- Make sure that you have a comfortable and ergonomic workspace. Investing in a comfortable chair, a table that sits at the right height, and a proper monitor stand will contribute to health and longevity in our workspace.