Photo by Brooke Cagle on Unsplash
Any computerized system can have issues with crashing and freezing. If your Chromebook is having this issue, try out the following troubleshooting options.
- Try turning your Chromebook off for a few minutes and then turning it back on.
- Close your apps and browser windows
- Manage your computer’s memory by closing browser tabs and apps that you are not using throughout the day.
- If you know which browser tab causes your Chromebook to crash press ctrl + shift + r to do a hard refresh on the page.
- If you have installed any new applications or extensions that may be related to the crashing or freezing, uninstall them.
- Try resetting your Chromebook or using the Chromebook recovery utility.